(written from a Production point of view)
Born in New York City, New York, USA, Maldonado started to work as costumer for film and television projects in the 1980s and worked on projects such as the television science fiction film Something Is Out There (1988), the horror sequel A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988), the fantasy comedy Scrooged (1988), and television series such as Growing Pains, Head of the Class, Freddy's Nightmares, Saved by the Bell, and Coach.
Prior to his work on Star Trek, Maldonado worked as costumer on the science fiction sequel RoboCop 2 (1990, starring Peter Weller), the action sequel Die Hard 2 (1990), the television western El Diablo (1990), the fantasy movie A Gnome Named Gnorm (1990), the television series Gabriel's Fire (1990-1991), the music drama The Doors (1991), the crime drama Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (1991), and the television series The New WKRP in Cincinnati (1991).
Further work as costumer includes the television series The Larry Sanders Show, The X-Files, Living Single, Weird Science, JAG, 7th Heaven (starring Catherine Hicks and Stephen Collins), Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, The Magnificent Seven (starring Ron Perlman, Rick Worthy, and Andrew Kavovit), The West Wing, Ryan Caulfield: Year One, Strong Medicine, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Agency, J.J. Abrams' Alias, Firefly, Las Vegas (starring Nikki Cox), Supernatural, The Shield, Jericho, Women's Murder Club, Eli Stone, and NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service.
Film credits include the drama Ed Wood (1994, with Stephanie Colin), the action drama Volcano (1997), James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic (1997), the comedy As Good as It Gets (1997), Rob Bowman's mystery thriller The X-Files (1998), the science fiction thriller Deep Blue Sea (1999), the crime thriller Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000), the romance Pearl Harbor (2001), the action comedy Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003), Martin Scorcese's drama The Aviator (2004), the drama Memoirs of a Geisha (2005), the fantasy adventure Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007), and the music drama Dance Flick (2009).
More recently, he worked on the science fiction film Battle Los Angeles (2011, with Camille Argus), the fantasy sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011), the fantasy prequel Underworld: Awakening (2012), and the television series True Blood (2011) and Awake (2012).
Star Trek credits Edit
- "Silicon Avatar" - Extra Costumer (uncredited, Season 5)
- "Disaster" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "The Game" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "Unification II" - Extra Costumer/2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "A Matter of Time" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "New Ground" - Extra Costumer (uncredited)
- "The Masterpiece Society" - Extra Costumer (uncredited)
- "Conundrum" - Extra Costumer (uncredited)
- "The Outcast" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "Cause and Effect" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "The First Duty" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "Cost of Living" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "Imaginary Friend" - 2nd Unit Costumer (uncredited)
- "Time's Arrow" - Key Costumer