(written from a Production point of view)
Peter Allen David (born 23 September 1956; age 57) describes himself as a "writer of stuff". He is the author of several of Pocket Books' best-selling Star Trek novels, and creator of the popular Star Trek: New Frontier series. He also works in the field of comics, known for work on Marvel Comics series like The Incredible Hulk, and various Star Trek series for DC Comics.
David left DC in 1991 due to conflicts with Richard Arnold, his editor. David stated "The fact is that Richard Arnold's notes became increasingly ludicrous, such as shutting down a romantic interest for Kirk by asserting that Kirk was no longer interested in women. We were reaching the point where it was becoming impossible to get stories approved. Richard rejected one story with the assertion that there was 'too much violence' even though the violence consisted of a sustained fist fight scene with Kirk (as if they never had those in Trek). As a test, I submitted a script under a fake name which sailed through the approvals process even though it had far more violence than the previous script which was rejected for that reason. When that was approved, I knew that it had nothing to do with the stories and everything to do with Richard's enmity toward me (a far longer story to go into.) At which point I resigned from the book since I felt I could no longer do the job I was hired to do, namely provide stories for DC. Final kicker: The fake name under which I submitted the story that was approved? 'Robert Bruce Banner'." 
- Pocket TOS:
- Pocket TNG:
- Pocket DS9
- New Frontier:
- #1: House of Cards
- #2: Into the Void
- #3: The Two-Front War
- #4: End Game
- Star Trek: New Frontier Omnibus
- #5: Martyr
- #6: Fire on High
- #7: The Quiet Place
- #8: Dark Allies
- #9: Excalibur: Requiem
- #10: Excalibur: Renaissance
- #11: Excalibur: Restoration
- #12: Being Human
- #13: Gods Above
- #14: Stone and Anvil
- #15: After the Fall
- #16: Missing in Action
- #17: Treason
- #18: Blind Man's Bluff
- Captain's Table #5: Once Burned (Takes place between #6 and #7)
- Double Helix #5: Double or Nothing (Takes place after Once Burned)
- Gateways #6: Cold Wars (Takes place between #11 and #12)
- Gateways #7: What Lay Beyond - Death After Life (New Frontier segment)
- No Limits
- Star Trek: Mirror Universe
- DC TOS volume 1:
- DC TOS volume 2:
- #1 "The Return!"
- #2 "The Sentence"
- #3 "Death Before Dishonor"
- #4 "Repercussions"
- #5 "Fast Friends"
- #6 "Cure All"
- #7 "Not... Sweeney!"
- #8 "Going, Going..."
- #9 "... Gone!"
- #10 "The First Thing We Do..."
- #11 "... Let's Kill All the Lawyers!"
- #12 "Trial and Error!"
- #13 "A Rude Awakening!" (with Bill Mumy)
- #14 "Great Expectations!" (with Bill Mumy)
- #15 "Tomorrow Never Knows!" (with Bill Mumy)
- #19 "Once a Hero..."
- Special #1: "TOS Special 1" ("Blaise of Glory" story)
- "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier"
- "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country"
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Modala Imperative:
- "Double Time" (Star Trek: New Frontier graphic novel)
- Star Trek: New Frontier - Turnaround: