(written from a Production point of view)
|Artist(s):||Carlos Pino, Vicente Alcázar|
|Periodical:||TV21 & Joe 90 #74-77|
|Series:||Star Trek (UK) #19|
|Published:||20 February 1971 - 13 March 1971|
In the darkness of space the pitted, corroded shape floated like some mysterious coffin...
The Enterprise officers are forced to fight in a Roman arena by an hypnotic robot posing as Caesar.
"Captain, there's something strange... an unidentified object!"
"Might I suggest we use the video screen captain?"
- - Uhura and Spock
"Great Jupiter! Look out!"
- - Spock
"Observation tells me the monsters are of mechanical original. Not that it makes them less dangerous. Never mind.. Fire!"
"Pheew. Thank you! You choose a strange time to give lectures."
- - Spock and Kirk
- Kirk and Uhura are the only crew members to wear red; everyone else wears blue.
- Spock swears by Jupiter.
Setting and technologyEdit
- Sulu tells Kirk that a shuttlecraft was lost when the space station vanished. Kirk notes that they can always indent for another.
- Part of the story takes place aboard a space station that is covered in red moss and keeps changing its shape and interior.
- The rest takes place on a planet that is like ancient Rome.
None of the UK weekly stories had titles.
- Part 1: TV21 & Joe 90 #74, 20 February 1971
- Part 2: TV21 & Joe 90 #75, 27 February 1971
- Part 3: TV21 & Joe 90 #76, 6 March 1971
- Part 4: TV21 & Joe 90 #77, 13 March 1971
- Captain James T. Kirk
- Nyota Uhura
- Doctor Leonard McCoy
- Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott
- Hikaru Sulu
- Caesar, a robot
UK Story Arc #18
| Star Trek Comic Strip (UK)|
UK Story Arc #20