(written from a Production point of view)
|Birth name:||Gerald Michael Charlebois|
|Date of birth:||17 April 1929|
|Place of birth:||Harvey, North Dakota, USA|
Michael Forest (born 17 April 1929; age 86) is a tall, 6'3'' long, American actor who guest-starred in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "Who Mourns for Adonais?" as the Greek god Apollo. He filmed his scenes between Friday 2 June 1967 and Thursday 8 June 1967 at Desilu Stage 10.
His work outside of Star Trek includes over a hundred films and seventy-five television guest roles. Much of his recent work, however, has been voice-over work in the English versions of Japanese anime films and television series.
He broke into film in the 1950s, alternating work for Roger Corman with work on the stage. He met Corman while studying acting from Jeff Corey, who is also an alumnus of the original Trek series. One of Forest's oldest friends is Leonard Nimoy.
His birth name was Gerald Michael Charlebois. For his voice work, he is often credited as Alfred Thor.
In 2013, Forest reprised his role as Apollo in the first episode of the TOS fan series Star Trek Continues, "Pilgrim of Eternity". His advanced age relative to only 2 years supposedly having passed (Star Trek Continues occurs in a 4th season timeline) is explained by having his energy drained by malfunctioning technology.
Notable film and television work
- The Glory Guys (1965)
- Deathwatch (1966, with Leonard Nimoy and Robert Ellenstein)
- 100 Rifles (1969)
- The Assassination of Trotsky (1972)
- Days of Our Lives (1979-1980)
- As the World Turns (1980-1982)
- The Message (1976, with Michael Ansara)
- Mobile Suit Gundam I (1981, English version voice only)
- King Kong Lives (1986, with Leon Rippy and Mike Starr)
- Deep Space (1987, with Charles Napier and Julie Newmar)
- Akira (1988, English version voice only)
- Body of Evidence (1993, with Richard Riehle and Frank Langella)
- Big O (1999-2003, English version voice only, with Alan Oppenheimer in season 2)
- Cast Away (2000)
- Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (2001, English version voice only)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2002-2004, English version voice only)
- Wings of Oneamis: Royal Space Force (1987, English voice version)
- Crying Freeman: Portrait of a Killer (1988, English voice version)