Articles nominated for removal
Sovereign class: This article is hardly complete - even though I noticed reference to Stellar cartography and Transporter room 3 in Star Trek: First Contact, there was no mention of any of that in the article! It instead states that the Sovereign-class has 29 decks when Picard states, again in Star Trek: First Contact, that the Enterprise has 24 decks! What's more, the vast majority of the images used come from Star Trek Nemesis to the extent that I believe there inadequate visual attention paid to Star Trek: First Contact and Star Trek: Insurrection - for example, I'm pretty sure a better image of sickbay could be taken from Star Trek: First Contact, and that's just for starters! --Defiant 02:00, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- Deck 29 was referenced twice in Star Trek Nemesis. --Alan del Beccio 02:15, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- Keep Featured With only minor touching up, this could easily meet the standards you would like to see. I could probably do it on the weekend. And as for sickbay, it comes from Star Trek Nemesis because that was the only film which got a special sickbay built for 1701-E. FC used Voyager's sickbay. --Nmajmani 02:46, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- Remove, while I'm sure this article is "almost there", what needs to be factored into this is the fact that it became featured in 2004, with only 3 "yes" votes. While acceptable then, today's FA standards require 5 votes of support. I would much rather see all featured articles run completely through the ringer before becoming featured, leaving no stone, or reference unturned. Compare original featured to now. Big difference, in fact, not even the same article. In contrast, I can point out more than one FA that is nearly as old that has barely changed since the FA tag was added. --Alan del Beccio 02:55, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
Comment As both 24 and 29 decks were mentioned, why not say something like "between 24 and 29 decks" - it doesn't need to be too specific as it's a ship class, not just a single ship and both amounts are canon & true! Also, why not have images of sickbay from both Star Trek: First Contact and Star Trek Nemesis? I really don't see why it has to be one or the other! The fact that the sickbay set used for Star Trek: First Contact was borrowed from Star Trek: Voyager makes very little difference as it is still a Sovereign-class sickbay in canon! --Defiant 09:52, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- Just looking at the diff Alan provided convinces me of this suggestion - the revision that was featured back then is a completely different article than what we have now. Re-nomination seems like the way to go. (As an aside, stating that the ship has "between 24 and 29 decks" seems a little - strange.) -- Cid Highwind 10:33, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
Maquis: This should have never been featured:
- Self-nomination. A long article about the entire history of the Maquis movement. Much longer than the short Encyclopedia blurb about the group! ;-) -- Dan Carlson 22:17, 24 May 2004 (CEST)
Then it was archived as a "successful nomination" three days later by User:MinutiaeMan, with no additional votes.
Last year March, User:Renegade54 suggested:
- Should we remove featured status from this article until the citation issues are cleared up? It kinda looks bad to have a big fat PNA in the middle of a featured article...
To which I later agreed on 26 June 2007. Since then the citation thing seems to have been somewhat resolved.
Regardless, the changes from the original featured and now are quite drastic, and as I stated above, a self-nomination/self-featured no-vote article should not be considered a FA on MA as there is clearly no community involvement outside of this discussion. --Alan del Beccio 22:51, 3 February 2008 (UTC)