Please make sure you have read and understood Memory Alpha's deletion policy before editing this page. But in case you don't remember, here's a digest version:
Pages may only be listed here if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Unused redirects.
- No meaningful content or history (i.e. "sdhgdf") (see patent nonsense).
- Test pages (i.e. "Can I really create a page here?").
- Pure vandalism (see dealing with vandalism).
- Very short pages with little or no definition or context.
- Reposted content that was deleted according to this deletion policy. This does not apply to undeleted content that was undeleted according to undeletion policy.
- Pages created and edited solely by a banned user, after they were banned (see bans and blocks).
- New Memory Alpha user home pages accidentally created in main article space. However, the content should be moved to their user home page first.
- User talk pages of anonymous (IP) users if the content consists of only any type of welcome message and was edited more than seven (7) days ago.
- Any material (image, audio file, et al.) that has been uploaded and stored on Memory Alpha that is not directly related to an article or the project. This includes items used for personal User: pages (see what Memory Alpha is not).
Administrators may also delete pages for the following technical purposes:
- Deleting a redirect that has no useful history, to make way for a non-controversial page move.
- Temporarily deleting a page in order to merge page histories after a cut and paste move.
Add new entries at the bottom of the list and, as always, sign entries with name and timestamp – use four tildes (~~~~).
Action required: Immediate deletions • Copyright infringements
I'm not much of an active user. I browse signed in for Monobook skin, and every time there's a wikia-wide announcement, it appears as a new message, and I just figured it out now that that's what's triggering the "new messages" bar. Please delete my talk page and hopefully that'll stop. Setacourse (talk) 18:13, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think deleting the talk page will help, and whenever you do make an edit, the autowelcomer will just restart your talk page. 31dot (talk) 18:27, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
Will it stop if I don't make any more edits, if necessary protecting my talk page from recreation? I really just want to occasionally look up stuff with the old skin without distractions. Setacourse (talk) 20:27, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
- If you want to use the old skin, I don't think there's anything that can be done. You could log out and look at MA as an anon user, but you would have to use the new skin- and I'm not even sure that makes you immune to messages.
- Do you really get so many messages that it is a bother? I get maybe a couple a week that don't involve being an admin. 31dot (talk) 20:32, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
It's a significant annoyance. It's the new messages banner when I don't have a new message. Due to me using "Check for latest change", I didn't figure out until now why I've been periodically getting it. I don't know if it'll work, but I'd like to try it, if you don't mind. Setacourse (talk) 21:27, September 14, 2012 (UTC)
- The messages that Wikia sends out have nothing to do with your talk page. They're simply notifications that get sent to every user. Once again, it's another case of them implementing something one way and not considering all points of usage with it. I would recommend using Special:Contact and explaining your issue and the problems you have encountered (including with the "Check for latest change" business). -- sulfur (talk) 21:31, September 14, 2012 (UTC)