This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Russell Bailey".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an admin will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Apparently, according to the page's history, this might be Dennis Russell Bailey's real name, with the "Dennis" added on for some reason. If that is true, it should be a necessary redirect. Anyways, we should merge the histories rather than delete.--Tim Thomason 18:29, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
- OK, when I nominated these, I did not see that they were not just created, and had a longer history. In that case, we have to figure out which is real, which isn't and sort this mess out. --OuroborosCobra talk 18:32, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
- Comment: StarTrek.com refers to him as both "Dennis Russell Bailey" (in recent articles and editorials that he writes) and "Russell Bailey" in all of their older articles. The other thing to note is that there are a lot of links running around in circles on this matter. According to IMDB, he's "Russell Bailey" as his Writer's Guild name. So, it would appear that his WAG name is "Russell Bailey", and his real name "Dennis Russell Bailey". Now, having said that, deleting this page outright shouldn't happen. At the very least, the history should be merged with the new page if that is indeed the decision. -- Sulfur 18:39, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
Request for deletion has been retracted. The two histories will be merged and Russell Bailey turned into a valid redirect.--Tim Thomason 18:49, 3 January 2007 (UTC)