This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Original Star Trek toys (Mego)".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
All info from this page has been added to Mego page with additional info and photos. Also, this page name does not fit format of other toys and collectibles pages. Darth Duranium (talk) 14:43, February 23, 2013 (UTC) 14:42, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I also think that the page should be deleted, and that Mego should be moved to Memory Beta possibly. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Star Trek Pro (talk • contribs).
- Should be history-merged then, not deleted! -- 22.214.171.124 16:19, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- As mentioned here, toys and collectibles should all be done to match the way everything else is done (company and products on separate pages, not on the same). Mego should match this. -- sulfur (talk) 20:24, February 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Gotta disagree, I think that separating each product line from the manufacturer is cumberbatch, er, cumbersome and unnecessary (a.k.a. overkill), to be honest. IMO, it's a lot more useful to have all of a company's Trek products listed together on a single page, instead of having to look at many, many subpages that only have a tiny snippet of info on each one of them. Exceptions can be made, of course. Does each Barbie doll warrant its own page? I don't think so.
- There are a few examples (i.e. Star Trek model kits, Star Trek starship miniatures) where many companies and lines are listed together in order to provide a cross-linked and useful resource. I'd suggest UPDATED articles for general Trek toys and collectibles (maybe Trek figurines, Trek electronics, Trek decoratives) that could be See Also-ed on relevant collectibles articles. That way, all the manufacturer pages will be usefully linked together, instead of dozens of stand-alone pages in the wilderness. I'm constantly stumbling across those orphans! Darth Duranium (talk) 18:27, February 24, 2013 (UTC)