This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Memory Alpha:Template for comic issues".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
To be upfront with everyone - this is a test suggestion. If it goes through and the page gets deleted, I'm going to suggest other such "article template" pages as well.
Anyway: I think this should be deleted. It's horribly outdated (use of deprecated CSS-styles, suggestion to add "manual sidebar" including an image size we no longer use there, etc.), and generally, has most likely served its purpose years ago. If someone would still use this as a template to base a new article on, it probably had been updated already.
If there are objections and this doesn't get deleted, I will at least tag it (and others) as PNA until someone has updated them to current standard. -- Cid Highwind 14:26, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm tempted to agree. Most of those are pretty outdated, and I'd actually forgotten that they still were around. Heh. The only way that I can see these being useful is if they're all updated to the new format, and I'm not convinced that I see a lot of value in doing that. -- sulfur 14:27, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- These do seem rather useless, as I only found then about a week ago, though maybe if I had cruised the help/info sections more when I joined I might have found them sooner. Either way, I'm for deleting these, though I still think there should be an example article somewhere, maybe linked with Memory Alpha:The perfect article. - Archduk3 21:58, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
The other pages
I think it would be safe to delete Memory Alpha:Article templates along with the rest of the these, as I don't think anyone is too interested in updating them or if there is really a need to. - Archduk3 00:13, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
Deleted per consensus. Other similar pages
will be discussed individually. can be discussed here.--31dot 22:39, February 14, 2010 (UTC)