This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Hungary".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
Essentially returning to this discussion: Memory Alpha:Pages for deletion/Yugoslavia, which was resolved based on the fact that said nation was never specifically reference. In this case, which is much skinnier than Memory Alpha:Pages for deletion/Portugal, Hungary was mentioned only indirectly in terms of "Hungarian food", but again, like the Serbo-Croatians, the Hungarians are a people/culture who inhabit a chunk of land on a map, and are not actually the chunk of land in question. The starship reference is a bit of a stretch as well. --Alan 21:26, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- A "chunk of land"? We were here 600 years before your *beep* America was even discovered! *beep* you. Thanks. - A Hungarian.
- Ltarex: 1.) Alan did not mean anything insulting or degrading by referring in referring to Hungary or Serbia or Croatia as a "chunk of land;" and 2.) what does Hungary being founded 600 years earlier than the US (a question of time) have to do with Hungary being described as a "chunk of land" (a question of space/size)? If you're going to needlessly retort with an insult, please make sure it flows logically. Thanks! :) --From Andoria with Love 04:46, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- Delete. --31dot 23:35, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Delete. Could argue something similar with why we don't have an El-Aurian homeworld page, just because we have El Aurian - El Auria was never mentioned. (not that thats its name, you get what I mean.) - AJ Halliwell 17:15, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
PfD <5 days, no opposes. --Alan 22:23, 25 July 2008 (UTC)