This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Gary Mitchell (senior)".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an admin will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
I just watched this episode, digitally remastered. The medical record makes no mention of Mitchell's father. The field just says "Name", not "Father's Name". If you look at Dehner's record, you will see that "Father" is the next line, which is not visible on Mitchell's record. On Dehner's record, "Name" also says "SAME". According to the logic here, her father would be named Elizabeth! It is not clear what the meaning of the "Name" field is, but in contemporary records there is sometimes a field for maiden name. Whatever it means, it appears unlikely that it's the father's name, and that there is no reason to assume that Gary's father had the same name. Check their personnel files. --OhEidhin 21:11, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
- I'm going to have to agree with that. --Alan del Beccio 21:28, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
Deletion rationale Edit
According to the article: Gary Mitchell the junior's personnel file, seen on Spock's viewscreen, listed that his father had the "same" first and last name as him. It is unclear whether they shared a middle name, which would make their names be appended with a "Junior" and "Senior" (or numerical reference like "the Third," etc.).
I don't see that here -->
Just half a line about his "Father's birthplace" and "Mother's birthplace".. the "same" seems to refer to "a" name. --Alan del Beccio 21:34, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
I wholeheartedly agree. This image shows that the father's name would be underneath the "Name" line (whatever that means, maybe full name or birth name), as was mentioned [above]. I once in vain tried to figure out where it suggested that Mitchell's father was also named Gary, but figured that someone must have known something I didn't.--Tim Thomason 00:48, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
- Delete--Nike 20:13, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
- Deleted. --From Andoria with Love 23:11, 3 February 2007 (UTC)