This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Ferengi episode".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
The sarcasm and cattiness on this page is more suited to mAlf than MA/en. It's orphaned, and noy exactly encyclopedic. With a serious rewrite, it might be worth merging with the DS9 page, but... in its current form? No. -- Sulfur 00:21, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. -- Sulfur 00:21, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. Much of what is there is subjective, and not appropriate for an encyclopedia. I also think it would be a poor precedent to set. "Borg episode", "Klingon episode", etc. 31dot 00:26, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Keep sans POV. A legitimate, long-running tradition that merits coverage. Ferenginar 00:27, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Comment. This coming from the user that thinks that a good article for "Borg episode" is "Any episode a Borg appears in"? -- Sulfur 00:36, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Delete I don't think this site is needed. If someone is interested, he can look here: Ferengi. And most of it is subjective, what is described in the second comment. – Tom 00:58, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. --Jörg 07:58, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. I agree with 31dot about this setting a poor precedent. You could easily make a case for classifying any episode of the whole franchise as a "(fill in the blank) episode" and having an article to describe those that meet the parameters and why the writers revisited or didn't revisit the concept ("Captain Proton episode," "Harry Mudd episode," "Wesley Saves the Ship While Starfleet Officers Sit on Their Hands episode," etc.). Also, this statement -- "A Ferengi episode is the term used for stories which revolve around Quark and other Ferengi." -- begs the question of exactly who it is that uses this term. -- Bridge 08:19, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. We don't need an article explaining what one person thinks a Ferengi episode is or their thoughts on the Ferengi in general. Even taking away the POV, it would be unnecessary: Ferengi already describes these details. --From Andoria with Love 08:29, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
- Deleted. General consensus was to remove. Only "keep" vote was from the creator. -- Sulfur 16:50, 24 September 2007 (UTC)