This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Decompression alert".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
I don't believe this term was used in Star Trek. Usually 'hull breach' was used. 31dot 22:32, 20 September 2007 (UTC)
- If it wasn't used... delete. Do note that it is linked from alert signals though... -- Sulfur 16:59, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- Perhaps Keep. Although the term was not used so far I remember, the computer voice (Majel Barrett) of the space suit in Star Trek: First Contact said "Warning, decompression in 45 seconds." Before this an alert signal sounds. Perhaps this is a decompression alert? – Tom 22:18, 24 September 2007 (UTC)
- Delete. In the first place, the stub as written gives no support whatsoever for the term as defined. In the second, an independent article for a specific kind of alert would be justified only if the alert was actually specific in same way. An indistinct beep from the computer and an announcement isn't enough to justify an independent article. Computers give off all sorts of warnings: warp field destabilization, failure of the universal translator to lock on, even "file space consumed" and "inquiry unrecognized" but none of these really deserves their own article. They might deserve to be on a list of Alerts and Error Messages, however. Still, I think the term would have to be put in quotes, as it's never specifically used in canon (although canon heavily implies it). CzechOut ☎ | ✍ 21:37, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- Recompile: I agree with czechout. It isn't necessarily important enough to warrant its own page, but I could see the value in having something like Alerts and Error Messages.Hossrex 08:41, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
Deleted. -- Renegade54 15:32, 29 October 2007 (UTC)