This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Country music".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
This doesn't seem to have actually been mentioned in the episode. Instead, the page creator identified the genre of some background music as such, and believed that to be enough reason to create the article. I don't believe it is. -- Capricorn (talk) 21:05, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Lean oppose. If it was clearly country music, I don't see a reason to delete this. It doesn't need to be specifically named if it can be otherwise identified. 31dot (talk) 21:47, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
- It's not like "country music" is the name of the song. The song deserves a page. Any tag you could hang on it does not. Or at least that's how I see it; if this could be recognised as some specific subgenre of country, would that mean that a second page should be created for that subgenre? Oh, so I vote Delete, obviously. --Capricorn (talk) 22:35, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Once you get into discussing subgenres you get into more debatable issues as well as overdoing the detail needed. There is little if any debate that we are talking about country music in general. We have an article on European classical music which was not always, if ever, identified as such. 31dot (talk) 23:02, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
- While I'm always for the deletion of country music, I'm afraid I have to say merge with music without a redirect. The song can have it's own page, if it can be IDed, but the genre needs to be used more than a few times to warrant its own page without a specific mention. I don't think we need to keep a redirect. - Archduk3 00:32, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Also, the article has a mintue link to Star Trek and has few details. Information on the topic mainly relates to the nature of Country Music. I agree to its deletion. Star Trek Pro (talk) 01:12, May 26, 2013 (UTC)