This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Cartesian".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
As stated on the talk page, the mere existence of one quote by Descartes is not enough for a seperate page on him. Also, the one thing that would be worth mentioning, the so far nonexistent Cartesian coordinate system page(as suggested by Jörg) should be on a page with that title.--31dot 13:19, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
Delete this page and start a page for the coordinate system.--31dot 13:19, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- The page linking to it does so in the context of the cartesian argument "I think, therefore I am.". I'm no expert in philosophy, but if this well-known statement has an official title ("Cartesian Argument"?), we might want to have an article about it, and this one could be it after a move to the proper title. Similarly, if the episode in question directly referenced Descartes while using this statement, we might want to have a page about René Descartes, which could be another move target.
- Only if the above doesn't work out, delete. As an aside, a page about the coordinate system should not only be called "Cartesian", though, but probably should have the title Cartesian coordinate system. That, by the way, might be another move target instead of deletion, if everything else fails. -- Cid Highwind 14:00, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- Delete. I also agree with 31dot's suggestion/opinion. -- Rom Ulan 17:42, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- Comment. Rene was never mentioned in Trek canon. Ever. "Cartesian" was. But not Rene himself. -- Sulfur 16:48, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
Deleted --- Jaz 02:15, 15 January 2008 (UTC)