This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Carnat".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an admin will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
The carnat is not mentioned in the episode and only appears in the script, as the end of the scene where the animal is mentioned by Lupaza was cut or not filmed at all, so the article should be deleted. --Jörg 14:23, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
- Delete. --Jörg 14:23, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
- Delete, however a mention in the background section of the episode may suffice. - Enzo Aquarius 14:25, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
- Comment. I'm not sure on this one. If the scene was only cut, we seem to like keeping materials on that, since it may have only been "cut for time" or something. I happen to disagree with that, but that seems to be the policy, (see Martin Madden). So, was this scene cut, and therefore would be a keep, or was this scene never filmed, and therefore a delete?
- Comment: We do not know if the scene was filmed and then cut for time reasons or was simply never filmed at all. If you take a look at the TNG and DS9 scripts that are available online, some seem to be really early versions, including slightly different plots and additional characters, so they are not always reliable (only when it comes to spelling, they come in handy). We keep Martin Madden because he was included in a deleted scene available as a special feature on DVDs, so we know for sure, that his scenes were filmed, as we have visual evidence. In the case of carnat and Luta, we have no clue. Besides, the USS Garuda article was deleted for the same reason - no footage exists, never mentioned in the episode - deleted. --Jörg 14:52, 27 October 2006 (UTC)