This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Acting Captain".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an admin will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
Deletion rationale Edit
- I have formatted and expanded the article. It can be kept now. --From Andoria with Love 18:54, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed, keep. -Humuhumunukunukuāpuaʻa 20:05, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- I will also agree to keep this one. Whoever, IIRC, there are several references when Spock or Scotty identify themselves as Acting Captain in log entries when Captain Kirk is off the ship. ---- Willie 11:23, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- At which point its still a definition with a few examples...like a dictionary. Can we expand on this? What are the ramification for acting captain's actions, what are the qualification's (except in "The Naked Now")? The incidents of acting captain's can be limited to the individual characters articles if its just going to be a list to episodes that it happened. I dont know why, but i somehow find this unencyclopedic. --6/6 Subspace 12:47, 11 November 2006 (UTC)
- ...butit can be expanded upon at a later time, so no worries. :) --From Andoria with Love 23:44, 12 November 2006 (UTC)
Admin resolution Edit
Kept, but needs more information to transform it from a dictionary term with a few examples to an encyclopedia article. --From Andoria with Love 23:44, 12 November 2006 (UTC)