- Make sure that the file upload would be in accordance with the file use policy.
- As such, ensure that the file is not for personal use or one that is only intended for use on your user page.
- Make sure the new file would not be a duplicate of an existing one. Pages you might want to check for already existing files include:
- Choose a suitable name for the file. The file use policy describes good file names.
- If you want to replace or update an existing file, please use the same title. In this case, please check whether the new file would still make sense in every context the old one is currently being used. Also, make sure to update the file description page after your upload, including the file license.
- File names on Memory Alpha are case sensitive. Please use lowercase file extensions!
- Add a proper license. A variety of boilerplate messages can be found on the file use policy page. Please note that failure to add a different license to a file you are the owner of means that you are licensing it under the Creative Commons BY-NC license!
Use the form below to upload new media files for use in illustrating Memory Alpha articles. On most browsers, you will see a "Browse..." button, which will bring up your system's standard file open dialogue window. Choose a file from your hard drive, and the file will be added to the text field next to the button, ready to upload.
Once a file is selected, you can change the destination file name, to correct any spelling errors for example. Press the "Upload" button once you're done to finish the upload process. Depending on the speed of your Internet connection, it may take between a few seconds and several minutes to complete uploading your file.
The following file name extensions are permitted for uploads. These are the only file extensions permitted.
- Images: jpg, jpeg, svg, png, gif
- Audio files: ogg
Videos are not currently permitted on Memory Alpha.
Remember that, like all wiki pages, files that you upload may be edited or replaced by others under the terms of the Memory Alpha copyright policy.