Real World article
(written from a Production point of view)
(written from a Production point of view)
- 1 January - Ray Walston dies.
- 5 January - Nancy Parsons dies.
- 6 January - Scott Marlowe dies.
- 17 January -
- 22 January - UK VHS release: VOY volume 6.13 (end season 6).
- 23 January - Arthur Bernard dies.
- 24 January - VOY: "Lineage" airs.
- 31 January - VOY: "Repentance" airs.
- 5 February - UK VHS release: Star Trek: Voyager - Movies volume 3.
- 7 February - VOY: "Prophecy" airs.
- 9 February - Decipher acquires FANtastic Media and takes over publishing of Star Trek: Communicator.
- 14 February - VOY: "The Void" airs.
- 15 February - Roy Sickner dies.
- 21 February - VOY: "Workforce" airs.
- 28 February - VOY: "Workforce, Part II" airs.
- Star Trek: Special released.
- 7 March - VOY: "Human Error" airs.
- 13 March - John A. Alonzo dies.
- 19 March - UK VHS release: TNG volume 4.1, VOY volume 7.1.
- 3 April - Pocket Books The Definitive Star Trek Trivia Book Volume II published.
- 7 April - David Graf dies.
- 9 April - Star Trek: Voyager wraps shooting. The USS Voyager sets, many of which dated back to 1977's aborted Star Trek: Phase II and were also used for Star Trek: The Next Generation and most of the motion pictures, are dismantled soon following.
- 11 April - VOY: "Q2" airs.
- 18 April - VOY: "Author, Author" airs.
- 19 April - George F. Slavin dies.
- 25 April - VOY: "Friendship One" airs.
- 27 April - Jack Murdock dies.
- 2 May - VOY: "Natural Law" airs.
- 7 May - UK VHS release: TNG volume 4.2, VOY volume 7.2.
- 9 May - VOY: "Homestead" airs.
- 10 May - Paramount Pictures officially announces that the next Star Trek series will be called Enterprise and will be set approximately one hundred years before the original series. Creators and executive producers are Rick Berman and Brannon Braga.
- 14 May - Filming on Enterprise begins with the pilot, "Broken Bow".
- 16 May - VOY: "Renaissance Man" airs.
- 23 May -
- 26 May - Anne Haney dies.
- 1 June - Several scenes for the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot episode "Broken Bow" were filmed on Paramount Stage 18 including the "sun porch" flashback scenes, bridge scenes, and the scenes in the cramped crawlspace.
- 4 June - UK VHS release: TNG volume 4.3, VOY volume 7.3.
- 12 June - Several scenes for the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot episode "Broken Bow" were filmed on location in Bakersfield, California which stood in as Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
- 13 June - Several scenes for the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot episode "Broken Bow" were filmed on location in Bakersfield, California which stood in as Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
- 19 June - Four scenes for the Star Trek: Enterprise pilot episode "Broken Bow" were filmed on location in Malibu.
- 2 July - UK VHS release: TNG volume 4.4, VOY volume 7.4.
- 4 July - Bruce Alan Solow dies.
- 16 July - UK VHS release: TNG volume 4.5, VOY volume 7.5.
- 31 July - Fred Carson dies.
- 3 September - UK VHS release: TNG volume 4.7, VOY volume 7.7.
- 5 September - Robert H. Raff dies.
- 10 September - First day of recording on the score for ENT: "Broken Bow" at Paramount Stage M, conducted by Dennis McCarthy.
- 11 September - Despite the events of the day, Dennis McCarthy and the orchestra elect to continue recording on the score for "Broken Bow" at Paramount Stage M, rather than postpone the session. McCarthy would later describe this as "the hardest recording session of my entire career".
- 16 September - The BBC shows their second Star Trek Night.
- 26 September - Enterprise premieres on UPN with the two-hour episode "Broken Bow".
- 1 October -
- The National Network (TNN) gains exclusive US syndication rights to Star Trek: The Next Generation. The network runs a five-day marathon, Next Gen on TNN: A 5-Day Mission, featuring 77 episodes spanning all seven years of the series, hosted by Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, and Wil Wheaton.
- UK VHS release: TNG volume 4.8 (end season 4), VOY volume 7.8.
- 5 November - UK VHS release: VOY volume 7.9.
- 6 November - Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Director's Edition) is released on DVD in Region 1.
- 7 November - Bobby Bass dies.
- 3 December - UK VHS release: VOY volume 7.10.
- 16 December - Roy Brocksmith dies.
- 19 December - Jeffrey Alan Chandler dies.
- 24 December - UK VHS release: VOY volume 7.11.
|2000 productions|| Star Trek|
Births • Deaths