(written from a Production point of view)
|Author(s):||Ira Steven Behr and Robert Hewitt Wolfe|
|Reference(s):||ISBN 0671007289 (paperback)|
ASIN B000FC0R0G (Kindle)
|Running Time:||94 minutes|
|Publisher:||Simon and Schuster Audioworks|
|Published:||1 December 1997|
Legends of the Ferengi is "a collection of stories, fables, folk songs, philosophical meditations and outright lies based on the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition." It is told in the first person through Quark. An abridged audiobook version is available.
- From the book jacket
- "Once you have their money, never give it back." – #1
- "Anything worth doing is worth doing for money." – #13
- For centuries these and the other famous Ferengi "Rules of Acquisition" have been the guiding principles of the galaxy's most successful entrepreneurs. But the wisdom behind them was not won without a high cost in lives and latinum.
- Now at last these inspiring tales of avaricious Ferengi wresting monetary gain from the jaws of poverty are available to the profit-hungry across the galaxy!
Background Information Edit
- The audiobook version was abridged by George Truett.
- Armin Shimerman narrated the audio adaptation of this book as Quark.
- The Slug-o-Cola and Eelwasser advertising jingles can be heard in the audio book. They are also included in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion - A Series Guide and Script Library.
- The Lytasians are mentioned in the book and would later be mentioned in the television series in the episode "The Magnificent Ferengi".
Cover gallery Edit
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Warped|| Pocket DS9|
|Day of Honor #2: Armageddon Sky|
| Pocket DS9|
|The 34th Rule|