(written from a Production point of view)
Larry Shaw directed the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Loud As A Whisper". This is his only Star Trek credit to date. Other television series for which he directed include 21 Jump Street, The X-Files, and Lizzie McGuire. He has also directed a number of made-for-TV movies, including 1998's Don't Look Down, 2002's Cadet Kelly, and 2004's Celeste in the City. He also directed Star Trek alumni in a number of TV movies, including:
- Fear Stalk with Stephen Macht in 1989
- To My Daughter with James Avery and Jeff Corey in 1990
- Donor with Larry Cedar, Marc Lawrence and Gregory Sierra in 1990
- Living a Lie with David Andrews in 1991
- Nurses on the Line: The Crash of Flight 7 with Bill Bolender and David Clennon in 1993
- The Ultimate Lie with Gregory Itzin in 1996
- The Uninvited with Sharon Lawrence, Lawrence Pressman, and Marnie McPhail in 1996
- Medusa's Child with John Glover in 1997
- Jackie, Ethel, Joan: The Women of Camelot with Daniel Hugh Kelly and Harve Presnell in 2001
Additionally he directed Star Trek: Voyager star Tim Russ (Tuvok) on at least two occasions in 1988: in the science fiction/action series The Highwayman, on which Russ was a regular, and in the TV movie Police Story: Cop Killer.
Shaw was also an associate producer for the series Hunter and Stingray (for which he also directed a number of episodes). Currently, Shaw is a supervising producer and principal director on the hit series Desperate Housewives, starring Teri Hatcher, Steven Culp, Mark Moses, Ronny Cox and Alfre Woodard, and is narrated by Brenda Strong.