There were many prophecies surrounding the coming of the kuvah'magh, such as:
- "You would know me before I know the world."
- "You will follow in my footsteps before I have made them."
- "The kuvah'magh is younger than old age and stronger than sickness."
- "You will find me after two warring houses make peace."
- "The kuvah'magh will be descended from a noble house."
It was believed that the kuvah'magh was most likely to be conceived during the Holy month of nay'Poq.
There were also prophecies about the kuvah'magh's mother:
- She was to be an off-worlder.
- She would have lived a life of solitude and endured many hardships.
- She would have won a glorious victory against an army of 10,000 warriors.
There was even a prophecy which said "the father of the kuvah'magh will be an honorable warrior."
In 2377, the D7-class battle cruiser captained by Kohlar believed they discovered the kuvah'magh as Miral Paris, the child of B'Elanna Torres and Tom Paris. Their interpretations of the prophecies noted that the child did not 'know the world' as it was not yet born, they had 'followed' the child's journey before it had started existence in the Delta Quadrant, and the warring houses were the Federation and the Klingon Empire, while B'Elanna was an offworlder who had known many hardships and isolation in her life. (VOY: "Prophecy")