- You might also be looking for the alien species from the Andromeda Galaxy known as the Kelvans, or the USS Kelvin.
A Kelvin (or K) is a unit for temperature, named after Earth physicist and engineer Lord Kelvin. The measurement of 273.15 Kelvin is equal to 0 °Celsius, whereas zero Kelvin is "absolute zero", or the absence of any thermal motion (heat).
Comparative list of temperatures Edit
- A geologically unstable planet, where the Soul of the Skorr was believed to be located, containing constant earthquakes, gravitic shifts, tidal waves, and a temperature that varied from 20 Kelvin to 204 °C above. (TAS: "The Jihad")
- In order to free the bio-neural gel packs aboard the USS Voyager from a viral infection caused by schplict, the interior of the ship was heated to 360 Kelvin to simulate a fever. (VOY: "Learning Curve")
- A dish devised by Gideon Seyetik, using an Andorian boiler, was cooked at exactly 500 Kelvin. (DS9: "Second Sight")
- The surface of a Y-class planet was categorized by a surface where the temperature exceeds 500 Kelvin, with an extremely turbulent, toxic atmosphere with thermionic radiation. (VOY: "Demon")
- While conducting an experiment on the star Praxillus, in order to revitalize the Kaelon sun, the results of their initial experiment yielded seventeen hundred percent rise in gamma radiation levels, while the stars' density was measured at eleven hundred grams per cubic centimeter, with a temperature approaching 60,000 degrees Kelvin. (TNG: "Half a Life")
- The external temperature of a Federation shuttlecraft, utilizing metaphasic shielding, could tolerate radiation levels that approach ten thousand rads and temperatures of 1.9 million Kelvin, while maintaining an internal cabin temperature of 21 °C. (TNG: "Suspicions")
- In order to stabilize the core of a star, the temperature had to reach 220 million Kelvin. The core density of a star became unstable at 260 million Kelvin. (TNG: "Half a Life")