Comparative list of measure
Isogram = 1 one-millionth of an isoton
- A few isograms of dilithium crystal was barely enough to power the sonic showers of a starship. (VOY: "Equinox")
- Approximately 10 isograms of antimatter eminating cellular matter could be extracted from the body of a nucleogenic lifeform. Captain Ransom had calculated that 63 lifeforms would have still been required to power his Template:ShipClass starship to cross the remaining distance of 35 thousand light years to Earth. The enhanced warp drive allowed a speed of 10 thousand light years per less than two weeks. (VOY: "Equinox")
- 10 isotons of explosives were ordered by Kilana to be fired by her Jem'Hadar troops near a Jem'Hadar attack ship in which a team from Deep Space 9 was seeking shelter in 2373. (DS9: "The Ship")
- 12 isotons of zeolitic ore was proposed by Captain Kathryn Janeway for trade with the Annari in exchange for deuterium injectors in 2377. (VOY: "Nightingale")
- A 25 isoton photon torpedo explosion could destroy an entire city within seconds. (VOY: "Living Witness")
- An 80 isoton yield gravimetric torpedo was used by USS Voyager to destroy a harmonic resonance chamber containing approximately 144 million omega molecules (72% of approximately 200 million) in 2374. (VOY: "The Omega Directive")
- A 90 isoton bomb of enriched ultritium had the explosion radius of 800 kilometers. Such a bomb was used to blow up a ketracel-white facility in Cardassian space in 2374. (DS9: "A Time to Stand")
- 200 isotons was the explosive yield of a photon torpedo with a class-6 warhead. (VOY: "Scorpion, Part II")
- A 5 million isoton explosion of a multi-kinetic neutronic mine could affect an entire star system. The shock wave had a dispersive force radius of 5 light years. (VOY: "Scorpion, Part II")
- 90 million isotons of antimatter waste could be transported by a Malon export vessel, eleventh gradient. (VOY: "Night")
- 6 billion isotons of antimatter waste was produced daily, in 2375, by the Malon civilization as an industrial byproduct. (VOY: "Night")
- 4 trillion isotons of antimatter waste could be transported with another type of Malon export vessel. (VOY: "Juggernaut")
According to the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual, 25 isotons is the maximum theoretical yield of a matter-antimatter reaction in photon torpedoes and that quantum torpedoes have at least twice the yield at 50+ isotons. (pg. 85) These figures are not compatible with the canonical statement in "Scorpion, Part II" of 200 isotons as the yield of a class-6 photon torpedo warhead.
As with most other measures used in Star Trek there are no direct conversions to real world measures given.
In Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual a figure of 1,5kg of antimatter is given as the maximum warhead material of a photon torpedo. (pg. 129) Using standard physics calculations a direct 1:1 explosion would equal to about 64.4 megatons. Warhead materials are however premixed to achieves the level of destructive force of an antimatter pod rupture containing 100 cubic meters of antideuterium. (pg. 69) Antimatter is stored as liquid or slush on starships. (pg. 68) Density of mere liquid antideuterium is around 160 kg per cubic meter. According to this comparison the high annihilation rate energy release would be comparable to about 690 gigatons. Furthermore it is not clear if the 1,5 kg should be compared to the 200 isoton figure given in "Scorpion, Part II" on-screen, or the 25 isoton figure given in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual.
- Iso- prefixes - for the real-world uses of the iso- prefix