(written from a Production point of view)
Gregory "Gregg" Peters (2 August 1925 – 27 March 2010; age 84) was an assistant director, production manager, and associate producer on Star Trek: The Original Series. He was an assistant director during the show's first season and became Unit Production Manager (UPM) for the second season. For the third season, he served as both UPM and associate producer.
Peters was born in Los Angeles, California on 2 August 1925. He attended Washington State University before training as a pilot in the US Air Force starting in 1943. He was honorably discharged from the service in 1945, and the following year, he began attending the University of California at Los Angeles. He graduated in 1950 with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, with a minor in Theatre Arts.
Peters spent 38 years working in radio, film, and television. He spent his early career working on live and taped television programs for NBC, including The Milton Berle Show, The Bob Hope Show, The Tonight Show, This Is Your Life, and various Emmy and Academy Award broadcasts. He then worked on two Warner Bros. film musicals released in 1962 – Gypsy (which featured Parley Baer) and The Music Man – before returning to television.
Before he was hired for Star Trek, Peters was an assistant director on such programs as The Outer Limits, the pilot for Mission: Impossible, and The Lucy Show. In the 1970s, his assistant directing credits included Here's Lucy, Mary Tyler Moore, and The Bob Newhart Show. He then joined the crew of the hit situation comedy series Taxi as both an assistant director (during the first season only) and as Unit Production Manager. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock actor Christopher Lloyd became a regular on Taxi in 1979, having appeared in an episode the previous year.
Peters left Taxi at the end of its fourth season in 1982 (it ended the following year). He retired soon after, enjoying a number of hobbies during his retirement. He died at his home in Pacific Palisades, California, on 27 March 2010, due to complications from Parkinson's disease. He was 84 years old. 
Peters can be seen in the first season blooper reel, shoveling coal into the ship's engines in main engineering.  In the second season blooper reel, he can be seen running after Kirk and McCoy in the village set of "A Private Little War". 
Star Trek credits
- "The Corbomite Maneuver" - First Assistant Director (TOS Season 1)
- "The Enemy Within" - First Assistant Director
- "The Naked Time" - First Assistant Director
- "Balance of Terror" - First Assistant Director
- "Dagger of the Mind" - First Assistant Director
- "The Conscience of the King" - First Assistant Director
- "Court Martial" - First Assistant Director
- "Shore Leave" - First Assistant Director
- "Arena" - First Assistant Director
- "The Return of the Archons" - First Assistant Director
- "A Taste of Armageddon" - First Assistant Director
- "The Devil in the Dark" - First Assistant Director
- "The City on the Edge of Forever" - First Assistant Director