|Class:||Class 9 Vessel|
|Affiliation:||Coalition of Madena|
|A graphic of the Erstwhile showing the location of its bridge (red) and laser array (pink)|
The Erstwhile was a sublight cargo carrier owned and operated by Captain Thadiun Okona in the mid-24th century. The spacecraft was classified by the Federation as a class 9 cargo vessel. The Erstwhile had a type 034 structure with a tritanium hull. It had type 02 fusion propulsion capable of accelerating the ship to a speed of 0.02 times the speed of light. The ship was armed with a primitive 2.3 megawatt laser array with four emitters. The mass of the craft was 23,200 metric tons.
In 2365, the Erstwhile experienced a burnout in its guidance system while traversing between the twin planets of the Omega Sagitta system. The ship was intercepted by the Federation starship, USS Enterprise-D. The crew of the Enterprise offered Okona assistance with his repairs. (TNG: "The Outrageous Okona")
- The side footage of the original studio model of the Erstwhile, a reuse of the Batris model, was not used in the remastered edition of "The Outrageous Okona", as filming elements were missing for the upgrade. A similar, yet slightly different, CGI model was used in the TNG Season 2 Blu-ray release instead.
- The model for the Erstwhile was a reuse of the Ornaran freighter, Sanction from TNG: "Symbiosis". For further information on the studio model, see: Batris model
- The damaged guidance system prop item was sold off on the It's A Wrap! sale and auction on eBay. 
- The green wire-frame on-screen buildup of the Erstwhile was one of the earliest CGI applications in the Star Trek franchise. 
- The LCARS screen of Enterprise's scan of the vessel, that appeared directly before the green wire-frame display was sold at auction. Originating from Doug Drexler's own personal collection that graphic was sold as Lot 82 in Propworx, Inc.'s The official STAR TREK prop and costume auction of 8 August 2010 for US$420 (including buyer's premium), having had an estimate of US$400-$600.