(written from a Production point of view)
|Periodical:||TV21 & Joe 90 #65-73|
|Series:||Star Trek (UK) #18|
|Published:||19 December 1970 - 13 February 1971|
It happened in Space Sector G-5!
Seriously wounded in a meteorite storm, Kirk is replaced by the insane Captain Eustace Hensham.
"Why the blazes didn't you warn us Uhura?"
- - Kirk
"You men! What the deuce do you mean by daring to cross my path in that disgusting state?"
"They're just off shift, sir......"
"Are you condoning their filthy appearance, Ensign? Be careful, or I'll see you returned to ground duty! You have ten minutes to clean up and report to me in Number One dress! This ship obviously lacks discipline!"
- - Hensham and an unnamed Ensign
"Good grief! The– The inhabitants are giants!"
- - Spock
- Kirk, Hensham, and Uhura are the only crew members to wear red; everyone else wears blue.
- Kirk is absent for most of this story.
- One of the crewmen swears by Jupiter.
Setting and technologyEdit
- Chekov is aboard, placing the story between 2267 and 2269.
- The Enterprise is able to land and take off from the planet Carnak using vertical thrusters.
- The Enterprise blows her neutronic particle tanks from her upper hull which cancels the anti-video effect of a satellite.
- Communicators act as universal translators, and when shut off, Spock can talk with Scotty and Chekov, but the Carnak president cannot understand them. Their volume can also be raised.
None of the UK weekly stories had titles.
- Part 1: TV21 & Joe 90 #65, 19 December 1970
- Part 2: TV21 & Joe 90 #66, 26 December 1970
- Part 3: TV21 & Joe 90 #67, 2 January 1971
- Part 4: TV21 & Joe 90 #68, 9 January 1971
- Part 5: TV21 & Joe 90 #69, 16 January 1971
- Part 6: TV21 & Joe 90 #70, 23 January 1971
- Part 7: TV21 & Joe 90 #71, 30 January 1971
- Part 8: TV21 & Joe 90 #72, 6 February 1971
- Part 9: TV21 & Joe 90 #73, 13 February 1971
- Captain James T. Kirk
- Pavel Chekov
- Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott
- Doctor Leonard McCoy
- Nyota Uhura
- Captain Eustace Hensham
- Admiral Martin, Starfleet
- Mankar, son of the Carnak president
UK Story Arc #17
| Star Trek Comic Strip (UK)|
UK Story Arc #19