(written from a Production point of view)
One of his earliest television appearances was a guest role in a 1967 episode of The Big Valley along fellow TOS guest star Jon Lormer. Bakey would go on to appear in three more episodes of that series, including a 1968 episode with Bill Quinn. Also in 1967, Bakey appeared in episodes of the classic Western Gunsmoke along with Morgan Woodward, Jeff Corey, Robert Pine, and Richard Kiley and made two guest appearances on The Guns of Will Sonnet, starring Jason Evers.
He also co-starred with Leonard Nimoy in two episodes of Mission: Impossible (one featuring Peter Brocco, another Anthony Zerbe), with John Colicos and Perry Lopez in a 1979 episode of Charlie's Angels, and with Barbara Bosson, Megan Gallagher, James B. Sikking, Steve Vinovich in a 1986 episode of Hill Street Blues. In 1978, he was among the many Star Trek performers to appear in the epic mini-series Centennial; his co-stars on this series included Michael Ansara, Henry Darrow, Cliff DeYoung, Robert DoQui, Robert Easton, Alex Henteloff, Brian Keith, Sally Kellerman, Stephen McHattie, Nick Ramus, Clive Revill, Eric Server, James Sloyan, Morgan Woodward and Anthony Zerbe.
Bakey has also appeared in such popular films as The Other (1972, with Diana Muldaur), The Sting (1973, co-starring Ray Walston and James Sloyan), Zapped! (1982, with Merritt Butrick), and The Philadelphia Experiment (1984, with Glenn Morshower).
Other Trek connections
- Heaven with a Gun (1969 film) with John Anderson, Barbara Babcock, Bill Catching, and Ed McCready
- Lancer episode "The Experiment" (1970) with Stanley Adams and John McLiam
- Night Gallery episode "Lindemann's Catch" (1972) directed by Jeff Corey
- Bonanza episode "The Initiation" (1972) with Biff Elliot
- Chase episode "One for You, Two for Me" (1973) with Alan Oppenheimer
- For Pete's Sake (1974 film, with Vincent Schiavelli
- Kung Fu (2 episodes, both 1974) with Keye Luke and Michael Pataki
- Starksy and Hutch episode "Lady Blue" (1975) with Elisha Cook, Jr. and David Soul
- Darktown Strutters (1975 film) with Dick Miller
- The White Buffalo (1977 film) with Ed Lauter
- Telefon (1977 film) with Carl Byrd and Roy Jenson
- The Evil (1978 film) with Andrew Prine
- Bret Maverick (2 episodes in 1981, 1 in 1982) with Darleen Carr
- Dead & Buried (1981 film) with Glenn Morshower, Michael Pataki, and Bill Quinn
- The Fall Guy episode "Dead Bounty" (1984) with Michael J. Pollard
- Murder, She Wrote episode "Broadway Malady" (1985) with Gregory Sierra and William Windom