(written from a Production point of view)
Outside of Star Trek, his best known role is that of "Weird Al" Yankovic's sidekick, Bob, in the 1989 film UHF. His other film credits include A Few Good Men (1992), Maid in America (1993, starring Whoopi Goldberg), and for mega-producer Jerry Bruckheimer, The Rock directed by Micheal Bay (1996, with Tony Todd, Marshall Teague, Willie Garson, and Tom Towles) and the political thriller Enemy of the State(1998) directed by Tony Scott costarring Dan Butler.
Bowe also had a recurring role on the short-lived television series Life... and Stuff, which aired in 1997 and co-starred Andrea Martin. He also had a role in the 2000 TV movie Python, starring Wil Wheaton and featuring Ed Lauter.
Other Trek connections
Additional film and TV projects in which Bowe appeared with other Star Trek performers include:
- My Boyfriend's Back (1989 TV movie, with Stephen Macht, Robert Costanzo, and Paul Dooley)
- Live! From Death Row (1992 TV movie, with Joanna Cassidy, Bruce Davison, and Lee Arenberg)
- I Don't Buy Kisses Anymore (1992 film, with Jason Alexander and Robert DoQui)
- Freaked (1993 film, with William Sadler, Derek McGrath, and Don Stark)
- Malice (1993 film, with Bebe Neuwirth and Michael Bofshever)
- The Cable Guy (1996 film, with Andy Dick and Charles Napier)
- The Shadow Men (1998, with Dean Stockwell and Andrew Prine)
- Cheaper by the Dozen (2003 film, with Alan Ruck and Holmes Osborne)
- Kicking & Screaming (2005 film, with Musetta Vander, Rachael Harris, and Matt Winston)