|Owner:||United Federation of Planets|
|Speed:||Warp 7 (observed maximum)|
|Armament:||Phasers, photon torpedoes|
Ships commissioned Edit
- USS Centaur (NCC-42043)
The Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual describes this vessel as an Excelsior-class starship variant, describing it as being among the ships "constructed from salvaged components, components in work, and custom assemblies fabricated by the individual fleet yards."
Technical manual Edit
The following specifications were given in the DS9 Technical Manual:
- Production Base: ASDB Integration Facility, Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, Mars
- Type: Medium Cruiser
- Accommodation: 315 officers and crew
- Power Plant: One 1,500 plus Cochrane warp core feeding two nacelles; two impulse systems
- Dimensions: Length, 381.87 meters; beam, 320.16 meters; height, 78.54 meters
- Mass: 870,000 metric tonnes
- Performance: Warp 9.6 for 12 hours
- Armament: Nine type-9 phaser emitters; two photon torpedo launchers
- According to the novel Articles of the Federation, this type is the Centaur-class, making the USS Centaur the first of its type.
- Centaur is playable in Star Trek: Legacy. The player can command the ship in the TOS and TNG eras.
- The Centaur is also playable in Star Trek Online, where it is one of the three starting designs for Federation players' starships. It is on the same tier as (and interchangeable with) the Miranda and Shi'Kar classes.