Stuntmen are being categorized as "Category:TOS performers" -- is this appropriate? If others don't think so, this category could be created to rectify this. -- Captain Mike K. Barteltalk 12:37, 5 Dec 2005 (UTC)
- Support the creation of a stunt category. --From Andoria with Love 20:49, 16 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Perhaps the simplier Category:Stunt performers, sub of Category:Performers would be a better place to start? --Alan del Beccio 05:43, 2 February 2006 (UTC)
- Some notes:
- Stuntman/woman = generic term
- Stunt actor or action actor = a stunt performers who also acts (not always with dialogue, but includes physical work and a larger on-screen appearance)
- Utility stunts = stunt performers who act on screen but have no specific roles (like the stunt Ba'ku in ST9)
- ND stunts = non-description stunts or non-dialogue stunts = utility stunts
- Stunt double = stunt performer who replaces an actor for physical moves /heavy work
==> all stunt performers are also in the category performers, because they "appear" on screen.
- Stunt rigger = stuntman who controls the rigging machine (a machine for special stunts)
- Stunt coordinator = the man who creates and teaches the stunts
==>These two persons do not appear on-scree, they are production staff members
==>Stunt performers are not: Body doubles, light doubles or stand-ins.
.... I hope this explains the occupations a little bit. – Tom 00:24, 25 May 2007 (UTC)