- Can I just cut and paste it, since it isn't a merge?--31dot 20:55, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yes. That's how categories are done. Cut and paste from MA:CS, remove it from there, and we're good to go. :) -- Sulfur 20:57, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- Looks like I got beat to it. :) --31dot 21:01, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Category suggestion: LegatesEdit
- Why don't we go all the way and make a Glinns category as well? They can both be subcats of Category:Cardassian military personnel like Category:Guls is. There's not as many, but might as well be consistent. – Cleanse 02:46, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
I'm not opposed to a Glinns category, but I did not suggest it because we do not have a Starfleet Ensigns category, Lieutenants, etc. and I thought that only higher ranking officers would merit a category, as lower ones are covered by Cardassian military personnel, for example. But again, having one is OK with me.--31dot 23:40, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
What is the procedure once there seems to be agreement on a category? Can it just be created, or does an admin need to do it? I'll create this, if that's OK.--31dot 00:51, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- The policy is rather vague in this regard.
- Memory Alpha:Category tree: "All categories must be approved by a user consensus, similar to the deletion consensus, except in this case the consensus must be reached before you create a category here on Memory Alpha."
- I don't see any reason to prevent anyone creating a category, so long as there's consensus on this page after a reasonable time (say a week). If this isn't currently allowed, it should be.– Cleanse 03:05, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- Archived --Alan 20:59, 18 August 2008 (UTC)