- The original USS Enterprise is refitted. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- V'Ger heads for Earth. The IKS Amar and two other vessels attempt to intercept V'Ger in Klingon space, but are vaporized out of existence by the energy cloud. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Stardate 7410.2: Admiral James T. Kirk assumes command of the USS Enterprise to intercept V'Ger. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Stardate 7414.1: The crew of the USS Enterprise encounter V'Ger and guide it to enter its next evolutionary phase. (Star Trek: The Motion Picture)
- Tuvok undergoes training with a Vulcan master in order to control his emotions. (VOY: "Gravity")
- Starfleet radically changes their uniform by 2278. (TNG: "Cause and Effect")
- Pardek becomes a member of the Romulan Senate. (TNG: "Unification I")
Background information Edit
The exact year Star Trek: The Motion Picture happened has not been established in canon. The earliest the film could take place is in late 2272, based on information from "Q2", which stated that Kirk's first five-year mission ended in 2270, and information within the film that Kirk had not "logged a single star hour in two-and-a-half years." The latest the film could have taken place is around 2277, since the Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan-style uniforms were in use by 2278 based on "Cause and Effect". The stardates mentioned in the film cannot be used to accurately date the events, since the four digit stardates beginning with 7, were used for fifteen years between 2270 and 2284 according to "Bem" and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
According to Star Trek Encyclopedia, the five-year mission ended in 2269 and The Motion Picture took place in 2271. Pocket Books in turn places the film in 2273 for its 2006 chronology Voyages of Imagination.