|← 2255 →|
|The USS Enterprise under construction in Riverside, Iowa|
- The Treaty of Armens is established between the Sheliak Corporate and the United Federation of Planets. The treaty cedes several Class H planets from the Federation to the Sheliak. The treaty contains 500,000 words and took 372 Federation legal experts to draft. Upon concluding the treaty, the Sheliak ended communication with the Federation. Talks between the two would not happen again until the year 2366 when a dispute arose over a Human colony on Tau Cygna V. (TNG: "The Ensigns of Command")
- Ensign James T. Kirk is promoted to lieutenant. (TOS: "The Corbomite Maneuver")
- Lieutenant James T. Kirk commands his first planetary survey mission to Neural, where he meets Tyree. (TOS: "A Private Little War")
- The USS Enterprise undergoes construction at the Riverside Shipyard in Iowa. Several Starfleet Academy cadets, including Nyota Uhura spend some time in Riverside.
- James T. Kirk gets in a bar fight with multiple cadets at the Shipyard Bar in Riverside. The fight is broken off by Captain Christopher Pike who talks to Kirk about joining Starfleet by reciting the incident resulting in the destruction of the USS Kelvin and his father, daring him to do better. The next day, Kirk boards the military shuttle Bardeen, enlisting in Starfleet.
- Leonard McCoy gets divorced from his wife and enlists in Starfleet, boarding the same transport as Kirk, resulting in a friendship between the two. (Star Trek)
- Star Trek (in part)