- Doctor Tristan Adams begins to revolutionize and humanize prisons and the treatment of prisoners by developing new methods to treat the criminally insane. Meanwhile, the Federation begins to convert a number of their penal colonies over to asylums to treat inmates, rather than to "cage" them up. (TOS: "Dagger of the Mind")
- An exotic fungus destroys most of planet Tarsus IV's food supply. (TOS: "The Conscience of the King")
- James T. Kirk - at the age of 13 - is one of nine surviving eyewitnesses to a massacre of some 4,000 colonists of Tarsus IV by Governor Kodos. (TOS: "The Conscience of the King")
- Annie Kaprelian Raymond is born. (TNG-R: "The Neutral Zone"), okudagram)
- Brian Vogt Raymond (II) is born on Memory Alpha. (TNG-R: "The Neutral Zone", okudagram)
- Unused material for Hoshi Sato's bio seen in ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II" stated that she and her family were among the victims at Tarsus IV.