- The Eugenics Wars come to an end with the defeat of all the "Supermen", though about eighty or ninety of them, including Khan Noonien Singh, remain unaccounted for.
- Khan and over seventy of his followers leave Earth aboard the SS Botany Bay, not to be heard or seen from again, until the vessel is rediscovered by the USS Enterprise 271 years later and 262 years later in the alternate reality by Admiral Alexander Marcus and Section 31. (TOS: "Space Seed"; Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan; Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Earth scientists from NASA find the first microscopic evidence of past life on Mars. (VOY: "Future's End")
- USS Voyager arrives in Earth orbit after being thrown back in time by the actions of Captain Braxton. (VOY: "Future's End", "Future's End, Part II")
- Tarbolde, an author from Canopus Planet, writes the sonnet "Nightingale Woman". (TOS: "Where No Man Has Gone Before")
- The novel The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 2 depicts the events surrounding the departure of Khan and his followers as occurring in January of this year.